Advanced GPS Navigation can be controlled with the Advanced GPS Navigation Wireless Remote.
- Power the Remote On and Off
- Turn the prop on and off
- Increase and Decrease Speed
- Steer the Motor
- Spot-Lock Jog
- Cruise Control
Power the Remote On and Off
- Press the Power button once to power it on.
- Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds to power it off
Turn the prop on and off
When turning on the prop, the motor needs to be at least 18 inches below the mount. There is a lockout zone to prevent the motor from accidentally turning on and causing damage.
- The prop can be turned on and off by pressing the prop button.
Increase and Decrease Speed
To increase or decrease your speed with the remote, the motor must be deployed and the prop on.
- Press the + button to increase your speed.
- Press the - button to decrease your speed.
Steer the Motor
To steer the motor left or right with the remote, the motor must be deployed.
- Use the right arrow button to turn the motor to the right.
- Use the left arrow button to turn the motor to the left.
Use GPS coordinates to automatically anchor the boat at a desired spot.
Engaging and Disengaging Spot-Lock
- Press the Spot-Lock button.
- To save the Spot-Lock, press the Menu button. Scroll to Save Spot-Lock. Select it by pressing the Steer Right button.
- With Spot-Lock engaged, press the Spot-Lock button on the remote to disengage.
Spot-Lock Jog is a feature that is only available when the i-Pilot controller is paired with a Heading Sensor.
- To engage Spot-Lock Jog, first engage Spot-Lock. Use the Speed Down (jog backward), Speed Up (jog forward), Steer Left (jog left), and Steer Right (jog right) buttons to jog the Spot-Lock location 5-feet in the selected direction from the current Spot-Lock location.
Dial in and adjust target speed to keep speed over ground (SOG) consistent.
Engaging Cruise Control
- Press the Cruise Control button on the remote.
- The Target Speed will appear on the display screen. Press the Speed Down or Speed Up buttons to adjust the Target Speed.
Disengaging Cruise Control
- When Cruise Control is engaged, press the Cruise Control button on the remote to disengage Cruise Control
Jump To or Set a Cruise Control Preset
- To jump to or set a Cruise Control Preset, first engage Cruise Control.
- Use the Speed Down or Speed Up buttons to change the Target Speed. While adjusting the Target Speed, the menu at the bottom of the display screen temporarily changes to display two Preset Target Speeds.
- While the Presets are showing, press either the Left Softkey or Right Softkey to jump to the corresponding Preset on the display screen.
- To save the Preset to a new value, adjust the Target Speed to the desired value. While the Presets are showing in the menu at the bottom of the display screen, press and hold either the Left Softkey or Right Softkey.
When in AutoPilot, Advanced GPS Navigation keeps the trolling motor pointed in the direction you want to go. Each time the wind or water current moves the boat off course, the AutoPilot senses the change and steers itself back to the original heading. The AutoPilot direction is set every time a steering change is made. To change direction, steer until the Control Head points to the desired course. AutoPilot will pull the bow of the boat around and correct automatically until the boat is moving in the direction you chose.
Two different modes of AutoPilot are available, Locked Heading and Locked Course. Both are collectively referred to as AutoPilot. There are distinct differences between the two AutoPilot Modes and how they control your boat. Both Locked Heading and Locked Course are valuable tools the fisherman can use for accurate and precise bait presentation. We highly recommend getting on the water and trying both Locked Heading and Locked Course in various fishing situations and applications. With experimentation and time you will find which AutoPilot Mode works best for you in any given situation.
Uses compass heading to keep the motor pointed in the same compass direction.
Uses compass heading and GPS data to correct for wind, current and external forces to keep the boat on the intended course.
Engaging and Disengaging Legacy AutoPilot or Advanced AutoPilot
- Press the AutoPilot button on the remote to disengage AutoPilot.
- Either Locked Course or Locked Heading AutoPilot will be engaged depending on the AutoPilot Mode selected.
- When AutoPilot is engaged, press the AutoPilot button to disengage.
Locked Course Autopilot Jog
- When AutoPilot is engaged, press the Menu button and select Adjust Course by pressing the Steer Right button.
- Scroll to the Jog option and press the Steer Left or Steer Right button to adjust the course by 5-foot increments.