Minn Kota QUEST series trolling motors with a built-in Heading Sensor come from the factory with the Lower Unit parallel to the Mount. The position of the Lower Unit is referred to as the Keel Offset. When the Lower Unit is parallel to the Mount, the Keel Offset is zero degrees. In an ideal installation, the Lower Unit will be parallel to the Keel, however, the Mount is rarely installed to be perfectly in-line with the Keel, therefore the Lower Unit will not be parallel with the Keel. Nearly all installations will have some variation in mounting position to either the Port or Starboard side of the boat. The Keel Offset is specified with the Keel Mount Offset function. When setting the Keel Offset, any position towards the Port will record a Keel Offset with a negative angle. Any position towards Starboard will record a Keel Offset with a positive angle. Before adjusting the Keel Offset, complete all installation steps. This includes mounting the trolling motor to the boat and installing power and accessory cables.
Keel Offset with Keel Mount Offset Instructions
- Power on the trolling motor.
- With either the Wireless Remote, foot pedal, or One-Boat Network (OBN) app on a paired mobile device, steer the motor so that the control head and lower unit are parallel to the Keel.
- Press the Menu button on the Wireless Remote.
- Use the Speed Up or Speed Down button to find the Motor Settings menu. Use the Steer Right button to select Motor Settings.
- In the Motor Settings Menu, use the Speed Up or Speed Down button to find Setup/Calibration.
- In the Setup/Calibration menu, use the Speed Up or Speed Down button to find Keel Mount Offset. Use the Steer Right button to select Keel Mount Offset.
- Review all safety warnings. Use the Steer Right button to select Start and begin the process.
- Use the Steer Left or Steer Right button to point the motor forward and parallel to the Keel.
- When satisfied with the placement of the trolling motor, use the Speed Up or Speed Down button to scroll to Set. Use the Steer Right button to select Set. The degree of offset is displayed at the bottom of the Dashboard.