i-Pilot is a fully featured GPS Trolling Motor System that delivers speed, steering, Spot-Lock, and the ability to record and retrace paths on the water, all at your fingertips. i-Pilot also includes AutoPilot and Cruise Control, Bluetooth technology (2017-2023) and a mobile app (2017-2023). i-Pilot GPS trolling motor system operates independently of the fish finder. This self contained system provides features such as Spot-Lock, Record a Track, AutoPilot and more. Click here to learn more about i-Pilot.
- Compatibility and Upgrade Kits
- What is the difference between i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link
- Special Considerations
Get quick command of speed, steering, Spot-Lock and AutoPilot, plus easy software updates directly from your mobile device. Compatible with iPhone and iPad running iOS 8.0 or later, and Android 4.4.2 and up.
Bluetooth® connectivity gives you a fast, secure connection and allows for easy software updates via your Apple® or Android™ device to add new features to your system. Bluetooth also allows you to connect to your Talon or Raptor Shallow Water Anchors.
The game-changing GPS anchor holds you on your fishing spot like never before - with state-of-the-art algorithms for the most accurate hold on the water.
Create, store, retrace and return to your most productive trolling paths. The i-Pilot system can store up to 16 iTracks, each up to 2 miles long.
Choose any Spot-Lock or iTrack that you want to return to, and Go To will activate your motor to take you back there automatically.
AutoPilot and Advanced AutoPilot
Choose your heading and stay on it without lifting a finger. Just point the motor head in the direction you want to travel, hit a button, and your boat will stay on that course while your motor corrects for wind, waves and current. Advanced AutoPilot uses GPS to keep you on your selected heading. AutoPilot can be used when the GPS signal is not very good in the area you are boating.
With our legendary CoPilot functions, you can control speed, steering, prop on/off and high-speed bypass from your i-Pilot wireless remote, leaving you free to fish from anywhere on the boat.
Precisely dial in and adjust your speed to entice fish with optimum bait presentation. Monitor your actual on-the-water speed on the remote screen and adjust it in 0.1 mile-per-hour increments.
High Speed Bypass
The Motor Speed with High Speed Bypass is set to 10 when engaged and returns to the previously set speed when disengaged.
Compatibility and Upgrade Kits
i-Pilot is compatible with all fresh and saltwater Ulterra, Terrova, and PowerDrive (2007 or newer) trolling motors. It is also compatible with Ultrex motors. Select trolling motors do come with the i-Pilot trolling motor system pre-installed. Some Terrovas and PowerDrives do not have i-Pilot pre-installed, however you can add it as an upgrade kit. Click here for compatibility and Upgrade Kit information.
*When i-Pilot is installed on a PowerDrive, the foot pedal will no longer function and the motor can only be controlled with the remote.
- PowerDrive i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2774155 (compatible with all PowerDrives 2017-2023)
- Riptide PowerDrive i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2774156 (compatible with all Riptide PowerDrives 2017-2023)
- Terrova i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2774057 (compatible with all Terrovas 2017-2023)
- Riptide Terrova i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2774150 (compatible with all Riptide Terrovas 2017-2023)
- Ulterra i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2884119 (compatible with all Ulterras 2015-2023)
- Riptide Ulterra i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2884116 (compatible with all Riptide Ulterras 2015-2023)
- Ultrex i-Pilot Upgrade Kit, item number 2774157 (compatible with all Ultrexes 2016-2023)
What is the difference between i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link
i-Pilot is a self-contained GPS system that is operated via a wireless remote.
i-Pilot Link has everything the i-Pilot models has but also has the ability to communicate with a Humminbird fish finder. The ability allows for a few more enhanced features, more memory for saving Spot-Lock locations and recorded iTracks, and control of your trolling motor through the Humminbird fish finder.
Below is a chart outlining the basic features of both options. Click here to learn more about i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link.
- If you currently have a trolling motor with the AutoPilot feature you can install the Legacy i-Pilot system, however, the AutoPilot will need to be uninstalled from your trolling motor before you install i-Pilot. i-Pilot includes all of the functionality of AutoPilot.
- Ulterra, Ultrex, and Terrova allow you to use the foot pedal in conjunction with i-Pilot. PowerDrives are not able to use the foot pedal when i-Pilot is installed.