*Note: i-Pilot Link can be updated via the phone app or your Humminbird.
For updating your i-Pilot Link software via mobile app please follow the below instructions. Note: the i-Pilot Link mobile app only works with Bluetooth i-Pilot Link systems. For i-Pilot Link software updates through your fishfinder follow the instructions on Humminbird's website.
- Pairing the Device with the i-Pilot Link Controller
- Update the i-Pilot Link App
- Update the i-Pilot Link Controller
- Update i-Pilot Link Remote Software
Pairing the Device with the i-Pilot Link Controller
In order to pair the device with the controller, the app should first be successfully downloaded from the Android Play Store or the iOS App Store. You can check that the app was successfully downloaded by opening it on your device. Once you have successfully installed the app and verified installation, close the app to begin the pairing process.
- On the device you intend to pair with the i-Pilot Link controller, turn Bluetooth "on".
- Locate the Pair button on the top of your Control Head. The Control Head contains the i-Pilot Link controller. Press and hold the Pair button. The Control Head will emit a continuous tone.
- While the Pair button is being held down, scan for the motor on your device. On the device, select the motor from the list of detected devices. Once the device is paired with the motor, the Control Head will emit 3 longer beeps. Once you hear the beeps, the motor was successfully paired and you can stop pressing the Pair button.
- Once the device is paired with the motor, and they are connected, the buttons on the Home screen will be blue. If they are not communicating, the buttons will stay deactivated.
Update the i-Pilot Link App
- Open the i-Pilot Link app on the device. Check to see if the App Update Indicator icon in the upper right hand corner is present. If no icon is present, the device app is up-to-date.
- If the App Update Indicator icon is present, you need to update the app on the device.
Update the i-Pilot Link Controller
In order to update the i-Pilot Link controller, the i-Pilot Link app on the device should first be updated. To update the controller, please also confirm that the device is turned on and the controller is paired with the device. To complete this process, please refer to the "Pairing a Device with the i-Pilot Link Controller" section of this manual. Once both of those are confirmed, please use the following steps to update the controller.
- Make sure that the following criteria are met:
- The app is up-to-date.
- The device has Bluetooth enabled.
- The device is paired with the controller.
- The device is within range of the controller during the update process.
- Open the i-Pilot app on the device.
- The device is within range of the controller during the update process. Read and then accept the disclaimer to bring up the Home screen. In the upper left hand corner of the Home screen, press the Menu icon to bring up the Menu.
- When the Menu screen displays, select the i-Pilot Software Update option.
- If the software is up-to-date, the screen will read "Software Up To Date". If the software needs to be updated, there will be information on the screen stating "New Software Available!"
- Select "New Software Available!" and information about the current and new versions will display along with a button that reads "Press to begin Update."
- Follow the on-screen prompt to successfully complete the update.
Update i-Pilot Link Remote Software
- Be sure that the software in the Controller is updated before updating the remote. Please see the "Update the i-Pilot Link Controller" section above if the controller is not up-to-date.
- Once the Controller is up-to-date, press the Home button.
- Scroll through the Content Area using either your finger or the Screen Navigation button to find the System button.
- Select the System button using either your finger or by pressing the Ok button to open the System Menu.
- Once in the System Menu, scroll through to find the Update Software option and select it. If the software is up-to-date, the display screen will read "No New Software Found."
- If the software is not up-to-date, the display screen will read "New Software Available" and will list the current version installed and the new version that can be installed.
- Select the Update button.
- Once the software has been downloaded, the display screen will reboot and the remote will power up and return to the home screen. To confirm that the software successfully updated, follow the steps in the "To Open the About Screen" section of this manual.