The pairing process for both i-Pilot and i-Pilot link is the same. The steps below will walk you through the process.
Pairing the Heading Sensor to the Trolling Motor
Before the Heading Sensor can be paired, make sure that it has been properly installed and connected to a power source. Review the LED patterns that the Heading Sensor communicates in order to understand what mode it is in and to be able to recognize that is has successfully paired once the process is complete. To pair the Heading Sensor:
- Connect the Heading Sensor to a power source and verify that the LED on the Heading Sensor turns on for 3 seconds and then turns off.
- Power on the trolling motor. Please see the trolling motor Owner’s Manual for instructions on how to power up the trolling motor.
- Press the Pair button on the Heading Sensor. Verify that the LED indicates it is attempting to pair.
- As quickly as possible, begin to hold the Pair button on the i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link Control Head.
- The i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link Control Head will emit a beep pattern when the Heading Sensor is successfully paired.
- Release the Pair button on the Control Head.
- Watch the Heading Sensor to be sure that once it successfully pairs that it starts emitting the LED pattern for normal operation.
- After the Heading Sensor is paired with i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link, proceed to Sensor Calibration and Sensor Offset.
NOTICE: If battery power is lost, the Heading Sensor will not lose its Pairing to the i-Pilot System when it is powered down.
For more information on how to pair the Heading Sensor please refer to the Heading Sensor Installation and Calibration Instructions or watch the video below.
Click on the following links to see detailed calibration and Offset instructions:
For additional information about installing the heading sensor, click the button below.