CoPilot™ gives you full command of speed, steering and prop on/off from a compact, wireless, waterproof remote. The Terrova and Riptide Terrova versions add high speed bypass and AutoPilot activation.
- Change Audible Modes for CoPilot
- CoPilot Compatibility
- Adapter Plugs to connect a newer CoPilot to an older motor
- Using the PowerDrive V2 CoPilot Wireless Foot Pedal in place of a Corded Foot Pedal
- Battery life for a CoPilot Remote and Wireless Foot Pedal
- Installing the i-Pilot System if CoPilot is currently installed
- Mismatched plugs on the CoPilot and the Trolling Motor
- Troubleshooting for CoPilot
Change Audible Modes for CoPilot
You have the ability to change the audio modes of your CoPilot system. The unit is factory pre-set to Audio Mode 2. There are three receiver audio modes available. To switch from one audio mode to another, press and hold both the INCREASE and DECREASE speed buttons on the remote down for one second. The receiver will respond with 1, 2, or 3 audible beeps indicating the corresponding receiver audio mode change.
- Audio Mode 1 = All of the normal audible sounds mentioned in this owners manual.
- Audio Mode 2 = Same as audio mode 1 plus an audible beep for speed increase / decrease and prop on/off.
- Audio Mode 3 = Same as audio mode 2 plus the prop on audible click every few seconds.
- NOTE: when the corded foot pedal is in control and the propeller is on, the prop on indicator click will be heard if the receiver is set to audio mode 3.
CoPilot is designed only for electric steer motors. CoPilot is available on some Terrova and PowerDrive Motors. CoPilot is not compatible with Cable-Steer or Hand-Controlled Trolling Motors.
Adapter Plugs to connect a newer CoPilot to an older motor
There are no adapter cables to connect a newer CoPilot to an older motor.
Using the PowerDrive V2 CoPilot Wireless Foot Pedal in place of a Corded Foot Pedal
You can use the CoPilot Wireless Foot Pedal on your trolling motor instead of the corded pedal only if your PowerDrive V2 or Riptide SP already has the Minn Kota CoPilot system installed. You will be able to program the CoPilot Wireless Foot Pedal with your CoPilot receiver.
Battery life for a CoPilot Remote and Wireless Foot Pedal
Typically the batteries will last one year or at least two regular fishing seasons.
Installing the i-Pilot System if CoPilot is currently installed
i-Pilot can be installed if the CoPilot is currently installed, however i-Pilot will override CoPilot so the CoPilot system will no longer be functional. i-Pilot includes all the features of CoPilot.
Mismatched plugs on the CoPilot and the Trolling Motor
If the plug from the CoPilot and the trolling motor don't match, you have purchased the wrong CoPilot.
Troubleshooting for CoPilot