Click the button below for the Raptor Troubleshooting Guide if you are having issues with pairing your Raptors.
- How the bypass valves on a Raptor Shallow Water Anchor work
- Replacing the spike on the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
- Replacing the bushings on the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
- Replacing a hydraulic hose on the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
- Length of the hydraulic lines on a Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
- Raptor Shallow Water Anchor fuse size and where to purchase the fuse
- Length of the power leads from the hydraulic pump of the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
How the bypass valves on a Raptor Shallow Water Anchor work
The bypass valves on the Minn Kota Raptor allow you to manually articulate your anchor assembly for regular maintenance or repair. You can watch the entire procedure with the video below.
Replacing the spike on the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchors carry a lifetime guarantee on the spike. If for any reason you do need to replace this critical component you can view the entire procedure below.
- For safety reasons, we recommend putting the Raptor into Maintenance Mode while replacing the spike. This will prevent the Raptor from being accidentally deployed while you’re working on the replacement of the spike. First position the Raptor so that the end of the spike is about a foot off the ground. This will make reaching the hardware easier for replacing the spike.
- Put the Raptor into Maintenance Mode by pressing and HOLDING the PAIR/MAINTENANCE button until you hear 3 beeps, and the blue LED turns on.
- Using two 7/16” socket wrenches, remove the two stainless steel bolts and brass nylok nuts from the Upper Knuckle assembly. Once these bolts are removed, you should be able to freely slide the spike out of position. If necessary, there is a small opening at the top of the Upper Knuckle. You can use a 1/8” punch here if necessary to assist with removing the spike from the Upper Knuckle.
- Place the new spike back into the Upper Knuckle. Note that there are two alignment grooves near the top of the spike. This is what the bolts will engage with to retain the spike in position. Insert the two bolts through the Upper Knuckle, making sure they capture the alignment grooves on the spike, and affix the nylock brass nuts onto each of the bolts.
- Next, using two 7/16” socket wrenches, tighten the bolt and nut in a clockwise direction to secure the nut. If you have a torque wrench available, tighten the hardware to 60 in-lbs. You can now take the pump out of Maintenance Mode, and resume normal operation of your Minn Kota Raptor.
Replacing the bushings on the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
If your Raptor is still under the original Minn Kota warranty period, bushing replacement can be performed at one of our Authorized Service Centers.
Replacing a hydraulic hose on the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
If your Raptor is still under the original Minn Kota warranty period, hydraulic hose and cylinder replacement can be performed at one of our Authorized Service Centers.
If you would like to install it yourself. View the procedure in the video below:
Length of the hydraulic lines on a Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
Raptor hydraulic hoses are 15 feet from the connection at the cylinder. The other end of the UP hose will be about 8-12" shorter than the hose connected at the DOWN side of the cylinder. Extension kits are available if more length is needed.
Raptor Shallow Water Anchor fuse size and where to purchase the fuse
Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchors come from the factory with an in-line, 30 amp resettable fuse, part number 2358200. To purchase the fuse visit our Parts Portal.
Length of the power leads from the hydraulic pump of the Raptor Shallow Water Anchor
The Raptor power cord is a little over 7 feet long. If additional length is needed, please refer to the Raptor Owner’s Manual for a guide on extension options.
- Raptor Installation Guide
- Raptor Owner's Manual
- Raptor for Humminbird HELIX and SOLIX - English
- Raptor How-To Videos including Installation Videos