Minn Kota offers a Talon app that can be used to control and update the Talon using a Bluetooth® enabled device. The Talon app is available for download on iOS devices through the Apple App Store or Android devices through the Google Play Store. The app can be used for controlling your Talon(s) and for updating the software on it.
Downloading the Minn Kota Talon App
The Minn Kota Talon app is available through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Step-by-step instructions for downloading the apps are listed at the bottom of this page along with videos to walk through the process.
Pairing a Device with Two Talons
In order for the Talon App to pair two Talon's to the device, the Talons first need to be paired together.
Click here to learn how to pair two Talons together or read the "Pairing Two Talons and Programming the Mounting Location" section of the Talon Manual. Once the Talons are paired together, follow the directions for "Pairing a Device with a Single Talon". Only one Talon needs to be paired with the device where the Talon app is installed.
Pairing your Talon to your Phone
The Talon app can be used to control the Talon using a device that is paired to the Talon with a Bluetooth connection. Before pairing the device with the Talon, the Talon app should first be successfully downloaded. You can confirm that the app was successfully downloaded by opening it on your device. Once confirmed, close the app to begin the pairing process.
- On the device you intend to pair with the Talon, turn Bluetooth “on”, and keep your device on that screen.
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button on the Indicator Panel.
- Once the Talon is fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button simultaneously on the Indicator Panel. The Depth Indication LEDs will begin to flash blue. Once the LEDs are flashing, release the buttons on the Indicator Panel. The Talon will go into Pairing Mode for 30 seconds.
- If on an Android device select the Scan button to begin the process on your device. On an iOS device, as soon as the Bluetooth menu is opened, the scan starts automatically. The Talon will appear on the list of available devices once it is recognized by the device.
- Select the Talon from the list of available devices. This will pair the Talon to the device. Once you hear the beeps, the Talon is successfully paired.
- In order for the device and your Talon to stay connected, Bluetooth needs to remain "on". Once the device is paired with the Talon, the device will connect and begin communicating with each other. When the Talon is paired to the device and communicating with it, the Talon app will automatically recognize that the Talon is paired.
- If the pair is unsuccessful, repeat the process.
Using the Talon App
The Talon App works the same for both Android and iOS. You can click here for detailed instructions on using the App. Instructions for the app are also available in the Talon Manual linked at the bottom of the page.
How to Download:
- Go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
- Search for “Minn Kota Talon” in the store search bar
- Click “Install” to download app to your device
- Open the Talon mobile app and follow the on screen setup prompts
Talon App: Getting Started on iOS Device
Talon App: Getting Started on Android Device
- Talon Owner's Manual
- Talon Operation Instructions from Humminbird SOLIX & HELIX units - English
- Talon App Set up & Pairing Instructions
- Talon App Instructions
- Talon Updates for Android Devices
- Talon Updates for iOS Devices
To Pair Other Controllers and Remotes
Click on the remote or controller below for pairing instructions