If you are having issues with selecting speeds or some or all speeds not working on your 5 speed trolling motor, you may have a bad speed switch or the issue could be the in the lower unit of the motor. If your switch is good, the issue is most likely in the lower unit of your trolling motor and could be several things including the speed coil, water intrusion, or bad brushes.
- If you are under warranty you will need to take the motor along with your proof of purchase to an Authorized Service Center.
- If you are not under warranty and you have the repair done at an Authorized Service Center you will get a 90 day warranty on the repair.
- If you are not under warranty and want to replace the switch yourself, you can click on the links at the bottom of this page to order the part from our parts portal.
- If you are going to replace the switch yourself, verify you have the correct part number for your motor as parts do not have a warranty, and are not returnable nor refundable.
- We have older trolling motors that are 4 Speed and 5 Speed that use discontinued switches. The switches listed below WILL NOT work on a 4 speed motor or an obsolete 5-Speed motor. Unfortunately, we no longer carry the 4 Speed and old 5 Speed Switches.
- Please keep in mind that parts do not have a warranty, and are not returnable nor refundable.
- If you would like to download printable instructions, you can click on the attachment at the bottom of the page.
- The guide below will walk you through testing the speed switch and speed coil to determine where the issue is. The guide will work for both hand and foot-controlled 5 speed motors.
- You can watch this video if you would like to see how to test your speed coil.
5 Speed Switch Part Numbers
- Hand-controlled Switch, 5 Forward and 3 Reverse speeds, (for fresh or saltwater)- part number 2064028
- Foot-controlled Switch, 5 Forward and 3 Reverse speeds, (for fresh or saltwater)- part number 2264026.