Ferrite beads are intended to help reduce and/or eliminate depth finder interference from the trolling motor. It can be used on Terrova, Riptide Terrova, PowerDrive V2, and Riptide PowerDrive SP. The instructions are also available as a PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Remove both side plates of the motor (Figure 1 below).
- Lift the control board cover up to expose the control board (Figure 2 below).
- Locate the motor negative and positive wires. Note that these are the larger red and black wires coming out of the coil cord (Figure 3 below).
- Remove the wires located in step 3 from the control board by firmly gripping the metal connector and pulling up. If the wire connections to the board are sealed with heat shrink it must be removed.
Note: Be sure to document the location of these wires before disconnecting.
- Slide the ferrite bead over the ends of the wires that were just removed (Figures 4a & 4b below).
- Slide a piece of heat shrink (provided) over the wires if the connections were previously sealed.
- Reconnect the wires to the board and install the heat shrink using a heat gun if required (Figure 5 below).
- Push the control board cover back into place and reassemble the side plates.