Talons are able to be controlled by foot-controlled remotes. The basic information for using the remote is listed below. Click on the links at the bottom of this page for additional information on using the Bluetooth Talon, using the handheld remote, or wireless stomp switches (optional accessory purchased separately). The Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch is compatible with all Bluetooth Talons (2018-present).
Pairing the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch
Pairing the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch to 1 Talon
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button on the Talon Indicator Panel.
- Once the Talon is fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button on the Foot Switch at the same time until all of the LED's at the top of the Foot Switch begin to scroll. Then release them.
- Immediately press and hold the Up button and the Down button simultaneously on the Indicator Panel. The Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel of the Talon will begin to scroll. Once the LEDs are scrolling release the buttons on the Indicator Panel. The Talon and Foot Switch will go into Pairing Mode for 20 seconds. If a signal with three fast beeps occurs, the Talon and Foot Switch have successfully paired. If 20 seconds pass while in Pairing Mode and they do not successfully pair, an error tone will sound indicating that the pairing was not successful, and the Foot Switch will not be able to control the Talon.
- If the Pair is unsuccessful, repeat the process
Pairing the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch to 2 Talons
In order to Pair a Foot Switch to the Talon, please be sure to first Pair the Talons together. When two Bluetooth Talons are paired together, the Foot Switch that was paired to an individual Talon will operate both Talons. Please see the "Pairing Two Talons and Programming the Mounting Location" section of the Talon Owner's Manual (linked below). If the two Talons are already paired together, a Foot Switch can be paired to either Talon. When the pairing process is complete, the Foot Switch will be able to control both Talons.
You will need a CR2450 battery for the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch.
How to Change the Battery
- With the back of the Foot Switch facing you, use a large coin to rotate the Battery Cover counterclockwise until the Battery Cover loosens and cannot be turned any further counterclockwise.
- Remove the Battery Cover and the old battery. Replace the battery with a new CR2450 coin cell
battery. Note the proper polarity of the battery. The Positive (+) side of the battery should be facing out.
- Ensure the rubber O-ring is properly seated in the underside of the Battery Cover.
- Replace the Battery Cover by aligning either of the Unlock icons with the Tabs, and pressing the cover down.
- Rotate the Battery Cover clockwise using the large coin until the Lock Icon aligns with the Tabs.
Using the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch
- Anchor Mode Button
Used to select between Standard Mode, Soft Bottom Mode and Rough Water Mode.
- Auto Up/Auto Down Buttons & Pairing Buttons
Used to deploy, retract or pause the anchor on the Talon. Also used to pair the Remote to a Talon.
- Talon Selection Button / Work Light Button
Used to select the Port, Starboard, or both Talons. Also used to toggle the Work Light "on" and "off" and switch between the different Work Light colors and intensities.
- Talon Selection Indicator LEDs
When 2 Talons are paired in the system, the right LED is lit when the Starboard Talon is selected and the left LED is lit when the Port Talon is selected. Both the right and left arrows are lit when both Talons are selected. When only one Talon is paired, the lights will toggle, but the selection will control the only paired Talon. When a selection is made, the
LEDs will stay lit for 1 second and then turn off.
- Anchor Mode Selection LED
The Center LED flashes red and green and then turns off for Standard Mode. The center LED will be lit green for Soft Bottom Mode and lit red for Rough Water Mode. When in Soft Bottom Mode and Rough Water Mode, the LED will stay lit for 1 second and then turn off.
Selecting a Talon to Operate with the Foot Switch
- To toggle the Talon selected, press the Talon Selection button, repeatedly until the desired Talon is selected.
- When the button is pressed, one or both of the Talon Selection Indicator LEDs will be lit. If the Foot Switch is oriented so the LEDs are facing away from you, the arrow on the right will be lit when the Starboard Talon is selected. If the arrow on the left is lit, the Port Talon is selected. If both arrows are lit, both Talons are selected.
Deploy the Talon from the Foot Switch
- To deploy the Talon, double press the Down button on the Foot Switch.
- While the anchor is deploying, the action can be paused on the Foot Switch by pressing either the Down button or Up button again.
- The paused deployment can be resumed by double pressing the Down button again.
- Once the deploying anchor gets to its full length of travel or comes in contact with the bottom, it will go through an anchoring sequence determined by the current Mode and then stop.
Retracting the Talon from the Foot Switch
- To retract the Talon, press the Up button on the Foot Switch.
- While the anchor is retracting, the action can be paused on the Foot Switch by pressing either the Up button or the Down button.
- The paused retraction can be resumed by pressing the Up button again.
- Once the retracting anchor on the Talon gets to its full retraction it will stop. If the Talon is already fully retracted and the Up button is pressed again, an error tone will sound.
Toggle the Anchor Mode from the Foot Switch
- The Mode can be toggled from the Foot Switch by selecting the Anchor Mode button. The Anchor Mode Selection LED displays the Mode that the Talon is currently set to. Press the Anchor Mode button to toggle to the desired Mode.
- When the Talon is put in Standard mode, the LED will flash red and green and then turn off. When the LED is Green, the Talon is in Soft Bottom Mode. When the LED is Red, the Talon is in Rough Water Mode.
Control the Work Light with the Foot Switch
- To Toggle the Work Light "on", press and hold the Talon Selection button until the Work Light on the top of the Talon turns "on".
- Continue to press the Talon Selection button on the Foot Switch again before 5 seconds passes until the desired color and intensity is selected.
- To toggle the Work Light "off" press and hold the Talon Selection button again until the Work Light turns "off".
Range of the Remote
The range of the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch Remote is 30 feet. The range of the remote will be greatly reduced if it is used near or mounted to any metal object including aluminum or steel. It is also recommended that the front end of the remote not be obstructed during use.