The Talon app can be used to control the Talon using a device that is paired to the Talon with a Bluetooth connection. Before pairing the device with the Talon, the Talon app should first be successfully downloaded. You can confirm that the app was successfully downloaded by opening it on your device. Once confirmed, close the app to begin the pairing process.
Click the button below for the Talon Pairing Issues Guide if you are having issues pairing your Talon.
- Pairing a Device with a Single Talon
- Pairing a Device with Two Talons
- Pairing your Talons and Program the Mounting Location
- Clearing Paired Devices from the Talons
Pairing a Device with a Single Talon
- On the device you intend to pair with the Talon, turn Bluetooth “on”, and keep your device on that screen.
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button on the Indicator Panel.
- Once the Talon is fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button simultaneously on the Indicator Panel. The Depth Indication LEDs will begin to flash blue. Once the LEDs are flashing, release the buttons on the Indicator Panel. The Talon will go into Pairing Mode for 30 seconds.
- If on an Android device select the Scan button to begin the process on your device. On an iOS device, as soon as the Bluetooth menu is opened, the scan starts automatically. The Talon will appear on the list of available devices once it is recognized by the device.
- Select the Talon from the list of available devices. This will pair the Talon to the device. Once you hear the beeps, the Talon is successfully paired.
- In order for the device and your Talon to stay connected, Bluetooth needs to remain "on". Once the device is paired with the Talon, the device will connect and begin communicating with each other. When the Talon is paired to the device and communicating with it, the Talon app will automatically recognize that the Talon is paired.
- If the pair is unsuccessful, repeat the process.
Pairing a Device with Two Talons
In order for the Talon App to pair two Talon's to the device, the Talons first need to be paired together. Click here to Pair your Bluetooth Talons and Program the Mounting Location. Once the Talons are paired together, follow the directions for "Pairing a Device with a Single Talon". Only one Talon needs to be paired with the device where the Talon app is installed.
Pairing your Talons and Program the Mounting Location
- Retract the anchor on both Talons by pressing the Up button on each Talon.
- Once both Talons are fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button on the Indicator Panel of one Talon. Once the Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel begins to flash blue, release the buttons. Immediately follow this step on the second Talon.
- Once the buttons are released, the Talons are in Pairing Mode and will search for each other for 20 seconds. If they do not Pair after 20 seconds, an error tone will sound signaling that the Pairing has timed out. If this occurs, double check that the Talons are fully retracted and start the process again.
- If the Talons successfully Pair, a confirmation tone with three fast beeps will occur. At this point, the Talons have successfully paired, and now need to be programmed to designate the Port or Starboard locations.
- The Mode Indicator LED will turn green on both Talons. On the Indicator Panel of the Starboard Talon, press the Up button. The Talon will accept the selection. The Talon on the Port side will flash red and then the LEDs on both Talons will turn off. Now the Talons are successfully Paired together and know their mounted position.
Clearing Paired Devices from the Talons
The Talon was designed so that all paired devices can be cleared from memory.
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button.
- Turn the power to the Talon "off". You can turn off the power to the Talon by pulling the fuse.
- While holding in the Up button on the Indicator Panel, restore power to the Talon. You will hear a long steady tone.
- After the steady tone stops, release the Up button. A series of fast beeps will be heard.
- The Talon memory is now clear of all previously paired devices.
- Talon Owner's Manual
- Talon Operation Instructions from Humminbird SOLIX & HELIX units - English
- Talon App Set up & Pairing Instructions
- Talon App Instructions
- Talon Updates for Android Devices
- Talon Updates for iOS Devices