The Bluetooth Foot Switch can be paired to a single Talon or a pair of Talons that have been paired together.
Pairing the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch to 1 Talon
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button on the Talon Indicator Panel.
- Once the Talon is fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button on the Foot Switch at the same time until all of the LED's at the top of the Foot Switch begin to scroll. Then release them.
- Immediately press and hold the Up button and the Down button simultaneously on the Indicator Panel. The Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel of the Talon will begin to scroll. Once the LEDs are scrolling release the buttons on the Indicator Panel. The Talon and Foot Switch will go into Pairing Mode for 20 seconds. If a signal with three fast beeps occurs, the Talon and Foot Switch have successfully paired. If 20 seconds pass while in Pairing Mode and they do not successfully pair, an error tone will sound indicating that the pairing was not successful, and the Foot Switch will not be able to control the Talon.
- If the Pair is unsuccessful, repeat the process
Pairing the Bluetooth Talon Foot Switch to 2 Talons
In order to Pair a Foot Switch to the Talon, please be sure to first Pair the Talons together. When two Bluetooth Talons are paired together, the Foot Switch that was paired to an individual Talon will operate both Talons. Please see the "Pairing Two Talons and Programming the Mounting Location" section of the Talon Owner's Manual (linked below). If the two Talons are already paired together, a Foot Switch can be paired to either Talon. When the pairing process is complete, the Foot Switch will be able to control both Talons.
Pairing your Talons and Program the Mounting Location
- Retract the anchor on both Talons by pressing the Up button on each Talon.
- Once both Talons are fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button on the Indicator Panel of one Talon. Once the Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel begins to flash blue, release the buttons. Immediately follow this step on the second Talon.
- Once the buttons are released, the Talons are in Pairing Mode and will search for each other for 20 seconds. If they do not Pair after 20 seconds, an error tone will sound signaling that the Pairing has timed out. If this occurs, double check that the Talons are fully retracted and start the process again.
- If the Talons successfully Pair, a confirmation tone with three fast beeps will occur. At this point, the Talons have successfully paired, and now need to be programmed to designate the Port or Starboard locations.
- The Mode Indicator LED will turn green on both Talons. On the Indicator Panel of the Starboard Talon, press the Up button. The Talon will accept the selection. The Talon on the Port side will flash red and then the LEDs on both Talons will turn off. Now the Talons are successfully Paired together and know their mounted position.
- Talon Bluetooth® Wireless Foot Switch Instructions (Bluetooth compatible)
- Talon Owner's Manual
- Talon Operation Instructions from Humminbird SOLIX & HELIX units - English
- Talon App Set up & Pairing Instructions
- Talon App Instructions
- Talon Updates for Android Devices
- Talon Updates for iOS Devices
To Pair Other Controllers and Remotes
Click on the remote or controller below for pairing instructions
- Pair your Bluetooth Talons and Program the Mounting Location
- Pairing the Bluetooth Talon to the Remote
- Pairing the Bluetooth Talon to the Foot Switch
- Pairing the Bluetooth Talon to the Stomp Switches
- Pairing the Bluetooth Talon to your Phone (Android and iOS)
- Installing and Pairing the Bluetooth Talon App
- Clearing Paired Devices from the Talons