The Wireless Stomp Switch can be paired to control either a Bluetooth® enabled Talon or Raptor. Use the top right portion of either the Up Button or Down Button to pair each Wireless Stomp Switch. Each should be paired, so be sure to repeat the process for both the UP and DOWN Stomp Switch. The Talon/Raptor should be up-to-date to successfully pair.
- Pairing a Wireless Stomp Switch to a Single Talon
- Pairing a Wireless Stomp Switch to Two Talons
- Pairing your Talons and Program the Mounting Location
- Clearing Paired Devices from the Talons
Pairing a Wireless Stomp Switch to a Single Talon
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button on the Talon Indicator Panel.
- Once the Talon is fully retracted, select a Wireless Stomp Switch to pair. Press and hold the Pairing Button on the Wireless Stomp Switch for at least 5 seconds. It must be the top right corner to initiate pairing. The three red LED's under the button will begin to scroll in a clockwise direction to indicate the switch is in Pairing Mode.
- Immediately press and hold the Up button and the Down button simultaneously on the Indicator Panel on the Talon. The Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel of the Talon will begin to scroll. Once the LEDs are scrolling release the buttons on the Indicator Panel. The Talon and Wireless Stomp Switch will go into Pairing Mode for 30 seconds. If a signal with three fast beeps occurs, the Talon and Wireless Stomp Switch have successfully paired. If 30 seconds pass while in Pairing Mode and they do not successfully pair, an error tone will sound indicating that the pairing was not successful, and the Wireless Stomp Switch will not be able to control the Talon.
- If the Pair is unsuccessful, repeat the process.
- Repeat the complete pairing process for both Wireless Stomp Switches.
Pairing a Wireless Stomp Switch to Two Talons
In order to Pair a Wireless Stomp Switch to the Talon, please be sure to first Pair the Talons together. When two Bluetooth® Talons are Paired together, the Wireless Stomp Switch that was Paired to an individual Talon will operate both Talons. Please see the "Pairing your Talons and Programming the Mounting Location" below. If the two Talons are already Paired together, a Wireless Stomp Switch can be Paired to either Talon. When the Pairing process is complete, the Wireless Stomp Switch will be able to control both Talons.
Pairing your Talons and Program the Mounting Location
- Retract the anchor on both Talons by pressing the Up button on each Talon.
- Once both Talons are fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button on the Indicator Panel of one Talon. Once the Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel begins to flash blue, release the buttons. Immediately follow this step on the second Talon.
- Once the buttons are released, the Talons are in Pairing Mode and will search for each other for 20 seconds. If they do not Pair after 20 seconds, an error tone will sound signaling that the Pairing has timed out. If this occurs, double check that the Talons are fully retracted and start the process again.
- If the Talons successfully Pair, a confirmation tone with three fast beeps will occur. At this point, the Talons have successfully paired, and now need to be programmed to designate the Port or Starboard locations.
- The Mode Indicator LED will turn green on both Talons. On the Indicator Panel of the Starboard Talon, press the Up button. The Talon will accept the selection. The Talon on the Port side will flash red and then the LEDs on both Talons will turn off. Now the Talons are successfully Paired together and know their mounted position.
Clearing Paired Devices from the Talons
The Talon was designed so that all paired devices can be cleared from memory.
- Retract the anchor on the Talon by pressing the Up button.
- Turn the power to the Talon "off". You can turn off the power to the Talon by pulling the fuse.
- While holding in the Up button on the Indicator Panel, restore power to the Talon. You will hear a long steady tone.
- After the steady tone stops, release the Up button. A series of fast beeps will be heard.
- The Talon memory is now clear of all previously paired devices.
- Talon & Raptor Wireless Stomp Switch Owner's Manual
- Talon & Raptor Wireless Stomp Switch Quick Reference Guide
- Talon Owner's Manual
- Talon Operation Instructions from Humminbird SOLIX & HELIX units - English
- Talon App Set up & Pairing Instructions
- Talon App Instructions
- Talon Updates for Android Devices
- Talon Updates for iOS Devices