- Check the Application and Talon Software Version on the App
- Update a Single Talon from the Talon App with iOS
- Update Two Talons Paired Together from the Talon App with iOS
Check the Application and Talon Software Version on the App
When a Talon is paired with a device, the Talon app on the device records information about the paired Talon(s) including the software version installed on each. This information can be used to detect if a Talon requires a software update. To check the software version on paired Talon(s), follow the steps below.
- From the Talon app Home screen, press the Menu Button.
- In the Menu Screen, find the Software Update option and select it.
- The Software Update Screen will appear. The Software List will show any Talons that are paired with the app and the Talon App Software Version.
- If there are no Talons paired, the list will only show information for the Talon App. If Talons are paired and communicating, the name of each device will be colored white. If the Talons are paired, but are not communicating the Talon name will be colored grey.
Update a Single Talon from the Talon App with iOS
Talon software updates are performed through the Talon app. The Talon must be paired and communicating with the device through a Bluetooth connection in order for the Talon to be updated. Follow these steps when using iOS for a single Talon.
- Confirm that the Talon is both paired and communicating with the device. Once confirmed, open the Talon App.
- If the App recognizes that it is more up-to-date than the Talon, a Software Update Required message will appear on the screen. The Talon App will offer the options to either Update Software or enter Demo Mode. Select Update Software to continue the update.
- The App will come to a Software Update screen. The software version for each Talon in memory will be shown. If a Talon appears in the list, but the title is in grey, the Talon and the devices are currently not communicating. A Transfer button will appear next to each Talon in memory that are not up-to-date and are actively communicating with the device. Select the Transfer Button to update the Talon software.
- While the Talon App is loading the update to the Talon, the Transfer button will change into a progress icon. While the transfer is taking place, make sure to keep the power of the Talon and device "on" and keep the device in range of the Talon.
- Once the update has been completely transferred to the Talon, the Talon will restart. The indicator lights will flash and the Talon will beep. The Software Update Screen will replace the icon showing progress with an Up to Date message.
- Updates to the Talon interrupt the Bluetooth connection between the Talon and the iOS device where the Talon App is installed. The App will always assume that the Talon is connected and will not force the device to connect to the Talon. To restore the Bluetooth connection between the Talon and the device, go to the Bluetooth Setting on the device.
- On the iOS device, open the Bluetooth Settings. Select Not Connected to reinitiate the communication between the Talon and the iOS device. Once the status shows "Connected", exit the Bluetooth Settings menu, and return to the Software Update screen in the app.
- To confirm that the Talon is updated, select the Menu button from the Talon Software Screen. From the Menu, Select the Done Button. The app should return to the Talon Control Screen and now allow for the app to control the Talon.
- In addition to controlling the Talon, you can verify that the Talon is up-to-date my selecting the Menu and returning to the Update Software option and verifying that the Software Version listed for the Talon increased. The app will note if the Talon is Up to Date.
- Once the Talon software update is complete, the Talon will automatically push the update to any remotes or foot switches that are paired to it once they are in range and as soon as they are actively communicating.
Update Two Talons Paired Together from the Talon App with iOS
Talon software updates are performed through the Talon app. The Talon must be paired and communicating to the device through a Bluetooth connection in order for the Talon to be updated. Follow these steps when using iOS for two Talons paired together.
- Talon Owner's Manual
- Talon Operation Instructions from Humminbird SOLIX & HELIX units
- Talon App Set up & Pairing Instructions
- Talon App Instructions
- Talon Updates for Android Devices