If your Bluetooth i-Pilot remote is displaying "RF" on the screen, this is a fatal error for the remote. It will need to be replaced.
- If the remote came with your trolling motor and the motor is still under warranty, the warranty covers the remote. If the remote is under the trolling motor warranty, please call 1-800-227-6433 with your remote, trolling motor serial number, and proof of purchase available. We will determine warranty eligibility and if under warranty, assist in replacing the remote.
- If the remote was purchased separately from your motor as an accessory, the remote has a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase. If the remote is under warranty, please call 1-800-227-6433 with your remote and proof of purchase available. We will determine warranty eligibility and if under warranty, assist in replacing the remote.
- If the remote is not within the warranty period for the motor or from purchasing it separately, you can purchase a replacement remote (item number 1866550) by clicking here.
Pairing a New Remote
When you get your replacement remote, it will need to be paired to your trolling motor.
- Power on your motor
- Ultrex- Press the power button on the foot pedal.
- Ulterra and Riptide Ulterra- Press the power button on the base of the motor.
- Terrova and Riptide Terrova- Press the power button on the base of the motor.
- PowerDrive and Riptide PowerDrive- Deploy the motor.
- Power on the remote by pressing the OK button in the top right corner of the keypad.
- Press the Home button.
- Use the Menu Up and Menu Down buttons to find the System menu at the bottom of the display screen.
- Use the Right Softkey to select the System menu.
- Use the Menu Up and Menu Down buttons to find the Pair option.
- Before selecting the Pair Option, locate the Pair Button on the top of the Control Head. Press and hold the Pair button. A consistent tone will be emitted from the Control Head.
- On the remote, use the Ok button to select the Pair option from the System menu. The Remote will scan for the motor.
- Once successfully paired, 3 longer beeps will be emitted from the Control Head and the remote will be paired.