The following instructions will show how to replace the rope on a Maxxum or Riptide Maxxum trolling motor. The instructions below use the replacement cable instead of the replacement rope. Click here if you would like to purchase the MKA-49.
- MKA-49 Cable and Handle (item number 1854125)
- Clevis Pin
- Note how the rope is routed through the Rope Guide, around the Pins, and into the Eye Shaft. The new cable will be routed in the same manner.
- Remove the current rope.
- Taking the new Cable and Handle and feed the Cable End Stop down through Rope Guide Eyelet, and around the Lower Arm Pin.
- Attach the Clevis onto the Cable by sliding the clevis slot over the Cable and sliding the Cable End Stop into the Clevis.
- Attach the Clevis to the Eye shaft using the Clevis Pin and Retaining Ring.