The following instructions will show how to replace the rope on an Edge or Riptide Edge trolling motor. The instructions below use the replacement cable instead of the replacement rope. Click here if you would like to purchase the MKA-49.
- Needle Nose Pliers
- MKA-49 Cable and Handle (item number 1854125)
- Clevis Pin
- Note how the rope is routed through the Rope Guide, around Lower Arm Pin, and into the Latch/Strap Rope Pull Bracket. The new cable will be routed in the same manner.
- Remove the current rope.
- Take the new Cable and Handle and feed the Cable End Stop down through top Rope Guide, around the Lower Arm Pin, and slide down the inside of the Lower Arm. Looking through the hole in the underside of Lower Arm, use a Needle Nose Pliers or similar tool to grasp the Cable End Stop and pull it out through the hole a few inches. This will allow room to attach the Clevis.
- Attach the Clevis to the Cable by sliding the clevis slot over the Cable and sliding the Cable End Stop into the Clevis.
- Pull on the cable handle until the Clevis slides into the hole in the Lower Arm.
- Using a Needle Nose Pliers or similar tool insert the Clevis Pin and Retaining Ring through the slot in the side of the Lower Arm, into Clevis, through the hole in Latch/Strap Rope Pull Bracket and out the opposite side of the Clevis. Install Retaining Ring onto the groove of the Clevis Pin.