The i-Pilot system can be used to record sets of points that make up an iTrack. When recording an iTrack, i-Pilot starts to record GPS position data in the form of Track Points. The very first Track Point recorded is called the Start, and the last point recorded is called the End. i-Pilot sees a recorded series of Track Points as an iTrack. iTracks can be recorded and navigated. When the GOTO Button is pressed, an iTrack can be navigated To Start or To End. i-Pilot will navigate to the nearest Track Point and then navigate to the Track Point requested. Once the nearest Track Point is reached, it will then follow the Track Points in sequence back to either the Start or End based on the selection made. Once the Start or End is reached, i-Pilot automatically transition onto the set Arrival Mode. During iTrack navigation, i-Pilot takes control over all steering functions; speed can be manually controlled or the Cruise Control function can also be used. The motor speed must be set high enough in order to stay on the track given wind, current and other external forces.
Recording an iTrack
- Use the Menu Up or Menu Down buttons until the menu at the bottom of the display screen shows the Record menu.
- Use the Left Softkey to select the Record menu.
- The Record menu brings up a listing of iTracks. Use the Menu Up and Menu Down buttons to scroll to one of the iTrack locations.
- Press the Ok button to select an iTrack location. Once a location is selected, the current location of the boat becomes the To Start location of the iTrack being recorded. The Control Head will emit a beep when an iTrack location is selected.
- Navigate the boat along the desired path or course
- To stop recording an iTrack, use the Menu Up or Menu Down buttons until the menu at the bottom of the display screen shows the Stop option.
- Use the Left Softkey to select Stop.
- The recording will end automatically if the two-mile distance limit is reached for the iTrack or if the Spot Lock or GO TO button is pressed. It will also stop if the Right Softkey is used to select Discard.
- If a track is not saved, it will be deleted.
- If a track is not saved or it is discarded, it cannot be recovered.
Navigating an iTrack
- Manually navigate the boat to within a quarter mile of any point on the saved iTrack.
- Press the GO TO button on the remote. The remote default is to first bring up saved Spot-Locks. Press the Right Softkey to bring up saved iTracks.
- Use the Menu Up or Menu Down buttons to select an iTrack to navigate.
- Using the Left Softkey or Right Softkey select the menu option to either go To Start or To End. The boat will navigate to the closest point recorded in memory on the iTrack and then navigate To Start or To End depending on the selection made until it reaches that point.
- The direction that the iTrack is being navigated can be reversed while the iTrack navigation is taking place. Use the Menu Up or Menu Down buttons until the menu at the bottom of the display screen shows the Reverse option. Use the Left Softkey to select Reverse.
iTrack Arrival Modes
iTrack has four Arrival Modes:
- Off - Once the boat has completed navigating the iTrack, the Prop will turn off. Off is the default Arrival Mode.
- Spot-Lock - After the boat has completed navigating the iTrack, the system will go into Spot-Lock at the point where the iTrack is completed.
- AutoPilot - Once the boat has completed navigating the iTrack, it will continue navigating in AutoPilot in the final direction the boat was traveling to navigate the iTrack.
- Auto Deploy Talon - Available as an option only when the i-Pilot System is paired with a Talon. After the boat has completed navigating the iTrack, the system will deploy the Talon. If i-Pilot is paired with two Talons paired together, the action to Auto Deploy Talon will control both Talons.
Change iTrack Arrival Mode
- Press the Home button.
- Use the Menu Up and Menu Down buttons to find the Options menu.
- Press the Left Softkey to select the Options menu.
- Use the Menu Up and Menu Down buttons to find the Arrival Mode menu. Press the Ok button to select Arrival Mode.
- Use the Menu Up and Menu Down buttons to find the desired Arrival Mode.
- Use the Ok button to select it. The circle to the right of the selected Arrival Mode will become solid when selected.
- Use the Right Softkey to Close the Arrival Mode Menu or Press the Home button return to the home screen.