The Lift Belt assists in Trimming the Lower Unit up and down. Periodically slack may appear in the Lift Belt along the Shaft of the motor. The screw that hold the tension on the Lift Belt may occasionally require small adjustments to maintain the tension on the belt.
Adjust the Lift Belt
- Locate the Socket Head Cap Screw on the Bottom of the Control Head. It can be found between the Coil Cord and Shaft. This is the screw that is
adjusted to increase the tension on the Lift Belt.
- Using a 5/32" Allen Wrench, turn the Socket Head Cap Screw.
- Turn the screw clockwise to tighten the Lift Belt.
- Turn the screw counterclockwise to tighten the Lift Belt.
- The screw should be tightened to 8 to 10 inch-lbs of torque at this bolt for the belt to be functionally tight.