For small boat, transom applications (boats that do not have battery compartments), these easy access external battery terminals allow trolling motor leads and charger leads to be connected without opening the box. Click here to purchase the Battery Power Center, item number 1820175.
- Anchoring the Power Center
- Setting up your Power Center
- Connecting your trolling motor
- Power Protection
- Testing the batteries "State of Charge"
- Replacement Parts
- Battery Power Center Video
- Built-in push button battery meter with 4 LEDs that displays the current "state of charge".
- Two 12-volt accessory plugs
- 10A resettable circuit breaker connected to two accessory ports for accessory plugs.
- 60A resettable circuit breaker connected to top for the trolling motor
- Ring terminals on the inside battery connectors
- Carrying handles on both sides
- Fits group 24- and 27-size batteries.
- One-Year Warranty
The overall dimensions of the trolling motor power center are 7 inches by 13 inches wide by 12 inches tall with carrying handles on each side and ring terminal connections on the inside of the compartment.
Anchoring the Power Center
The power center comes with a convenient anchoring strap not only to anchor the top to the base but also to anchor the whole assembly to your boat.
- To anchor the power center to your boat, determine where you would like the power center to sit in the boat with the strap on.
- Once in place, release the buckle on the strap
- leaving the strap where it lays, remove the power center by the carry handles on the sides and use the anchor straps to secure the strap.
- The anchor straps each have one side that fits over the strap. Place this side down over the strap.
- Using the included screws, screw the anchor straps over the strap and into the boat.
- Place the Power Center back over the strap and buckle it.
Setting up your Power Center
- Place your battery into the large main compartment and connecting the positive and negative ring terminals to their respective posts.
- The red positive ring terminal on the wire connected to the lid of the battery box will connect to the red positive terminal on the battery
- The black negative ring terminal on the wire connected to the lid of the battery box will connect to the black negative terminal on the battery
- Close and secure the top with the strap and you're ready to provide power wherever you need it.
Connecting your trolling motor
- Connect the red positive battery lead from the trolling motor to red positive terminal on the outside of the power center using the red wing nut to secure it.
- Connect the black negative battery lead from the trolling motor to black negative terminal on the outside of the power center using the black wing nut to secure it.
Using the two 12-volt accessory plugs you can power things like navigation lights, chargers for devices, or even a fish finder. The power center automatically fuse protects the accessory plugs up to the 10 amps and the main battery posts up to the 60 amp breaker via two manual circuit reset buttons
Testing the batteries "State of Charge"
- Press the button for the built-in four led battery meter
- The LEDs will light up showing how much charge is left for the battery.
Terminal Wing Nuts, part number 2993150
includes 1 red positive wing nut and 1 black wing nut
Battery Power Center Strap, part number 2373806
includes the strap for the Power Center complete with buckle.
Battery Power Center Video
For additional information, please watch the video below.