If your i-Pilot Remote shows all of the icons for a few seconds and then turns off, the i-Pilot remote is not able to communicate with the i-Pilot Controller built into the trolling motor.
- Verify the i-Pilot Controller has power.
- For PowerDrive Motors press the “Push-to-Test” battery meter to verify voltage to the motor and check the connection to the foot pedal plug is secure.
- For all other motors verify the motor is turned on, a system ready or power light will be illuminated (on the base of the motor on all Terrova and Ulterra Models).
- Re-pair/re-learn the remote to the Controller.
- Turn the system OFF and then back ON (for PowerDrive models, disconnect then reconnect power).
To Learn your Remote
- Power on your motor
- Ulterra and Riptide Ulterra- Press the power button on the base of the motor.
- Terrova and Riptide Terrova- Deploy the motor.
- PowerDrive and Riptide PowerDrive- Deploy the motor.
- On the motor, press and hold the "Learn" button. A consistent tone will be emitted from the Control Head.
- While pressing and holding the Learn button on the control head, press any button on the remote.
- Once successfully paired, 3 longer beeps will be emitted from the Control Head and the remote will be paired.