How do I pair 2 Talons together with a Talon remote?
Please follow the below steps to pair 2 Bluetooth-enabled Talon shallow water anchors together:
- Retract the anchor on both Talons by pressing the Up button on each Talon.
- Once both Talons are fully retracted, press and hold the Up button and the Down button on the Indicator Panel of one Talon. Once the Depth Indication LEDs on the Indicator Panel begins to flash blue, release the buttons. Immediately follow this step on the second Talon.
- Once the buttons are released, the Talons are in Pairing Mode and will search for each other for 20 seconds. If they do not Pair after 20 seconds, an error tone will sound signaling that the Pairing has timed out. If this occurs, double check that the Talons are fully retracted and start the process again
- If the Talons successfully Pair, a confirmation tone with three fast beeps will occur. At this point, the Talons have successfully paired, and now need to be programmed to designate the Port or Starboard locations.
- The Mode Indicator LED will turn green on both Talons. On the Indicator Panel of the Starboard Talon, press the Up button. The Talon will accept the selection. The Talon on the Port side will flash red and then the LEDs on both Talons will turn off. Now the Talons are successfully paired together and know their mounted position.
How do I clear the memory of any paired devices on my Bluetooth Talon(s) shallow water anchors?
Please follow the below steps to clear the memory of your Bluetooth-enabled Talon shallow water anchor(s), to remove any paired devices. These steps may require two people to perform.
- Retract the Talon shallow water anchor by pressing the Up button.
- Turn the power to the Talon “off”. This can be done by removing the inline fuse.
- While pressing and holding the Up button on the indicator panel, restore power to the Talon (reinsert the inline fuse). You will hear a long steady tone.
- After the steady tone stops, release the Up button. A series of fast beeps will be heard.
- The Talon memory is now clear of all previously paired devices.