- Micro Remote Compatibility with i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Controllers
- Determining the Version of your Micro Remote
- Learning/Pairing the Micro Remote to your Controller
- Changing the Battery in the Micro Remote
- Controlling the Motor
- Range of the Remote
i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link give you full command of your trolling motor. But when you want simplified, compact control, grab the new waterproof Bluetooth Micro Remote accessory for quick command of Spot-Lock, speed, steering and Advanced AutoPilot. i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link systems can learn multiple remotes for increased flexibility. The Micro Remote is available for Legacy and Bluetooth i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link.
Micro Remote Compatibility with i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Controllers
- The Bluetooth i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Micro Remote is compatible with Bluetooth i-Pilot Controllers (2017-current) and Bluetooth i-Pilot Link Controllers (2017-current). It is not compatible with Legacy i-Pilot Controllers (2007-2016) or Legacy i-Pilot Link Controllers (2007-2016).
- The Legacy i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Micro Remote is compatible with Legacy i-Pilot Controllers (2007-2016) and Legacy i-Pilot Link Controllers (2007-2016). It is not compatible with Bluetooth i-Pilot Controllers (2017-current) or Bluetooth i-Pilot Link Controllers (2017-current).
Determining the Version of your Micro Remote
The Legacy and Bluetooth i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Micro remotes look almost identical. The best way to tell the difference is to look for the Bluetooth symbol on the remote back above the battery door. The Legacy i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Micro Remote will not have the Bluetooth symbol. You can also check the FCC ID and the IC. The Legacy remote will not work with Bluetooth i-Pilot or Bluetooth i-Pilot Link and the Bluetooth remote will not work with Legacy i-Pilot or Legacy i-Pilot Link.
Legacy Micro Remote IC and FCC ID
FCC ID: T62-IPMIC
Bluetooth Micro Remote IC and FCC ID
FCC ID: Q0QBLE121LR
Learning/Pairing the Micro Remote to your Controller
Both the Legacy and Bluetooth Micro Remotes are paired to the controller the same way.
- Power up the trolling motor.
- Locate the Learn or Pair Button at the top of the Control Head.
- Push and hold the Learn or Pair Button down. A consistent tone will be emitted from the Control Head.
- While holding the Learn or Pair Button on the Control Head, push and hold the High Speed Bypass and AutoPilot keys on the remote simultaneously.
- Once successfully paired, 3 longer beeps will be emitted from the Control Head and the remote will be paired.
Changing the Battery in the Micro Remote
- With the remote upside down, use a large coin to rotate the Battery Cover counterclockwise until either of the Unlock Icons align with the Arrow.
- Remove the Battery Cover and old battery and replace with a new CR2450 coin cell battery. Note the proper polarity of the battery.
- Ensure the rubber O-ring is properly seated in the underside of the Battery Cover. Replace battery cover by aligning either of the Unlock icons with the arrow, and pressing the cover down.
- Rotate the Battery Cover clockwise using the large coin until the Lock Icon aligns with the Arrow.
Controlling the Motor
Speed Down & Speed Up
Press to decrease or increase motor speed.
Pressing this button will turn the Prop on and off.
Steer Left & Steer Right
Press to steer the motor to the left or to the right.
High Speed Bypass
Bypasses the current motor speed to speed 10. Double press to engage. Single press to disengage.
Press to enable Spot-Lock. When Spot-Lock is enabled from the Micro Remote, use either the i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link remote, or the fish finder if you want to save it.
Press to enable AutoPilot. The selection between Legacy AutoPilot and Advanced AutoPilot must be made from either the i-Pilot or i-Pilot Link remote.
Range of the Remote
The range of the i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link Micro Remotes is 30 feet. The range of the remote will be greatly reduced if it is used near or mounted to any metal object including aluminum or steel. It is also recommended that the front end of the remote not be obstructed during use.